Matsue can be easily reached by two nearby airports: Izumo Airport (IZO) and Yonago Airport (YGJ).
Domestic flights operated by JAL (Japan Airlines)
- Tokyo Haneda: 5 flights daily (75 min)
- Osaka Itami: 5 flights daily (55 min)
- Fukuoka (Kyushu): 2 flights daily (70 min)
- Nagoya: 2 flights daily (60 min) operated by FDA (Fuji Dream Airlines) (Japanese)
- Oki Islands (North of Shimane Prefecture): 1 flight daily (35 min).
Shuttle buses to Matsue Station depart following all flight arrivals. A one-way trip takes 30 minutes and costs ¥1,030 to Matsue JR Station, or ¥1,130 to Shinjiko Onsen Station, on the northern side of Lake Shinji.
Please note that other shuttle buses connect with Izumo JR Station and Tamatsukuri Onsen (hot spring area located south of Lake Shinji).
- Tokyo Haneda: 6 flights daily (70 min) operated by ANA (All Nippon Airways)
- Incheon International Airport (Seoul, South Korea), operated by AIR SEOUL : Three flights per week (75 min).
- Hong Kong International Airport, operated by HONGKONG AIRLINES : Two flights per week(4 hrs).
The number of flights and available airports are subject to change, so please confirm with each airline.
Shuttle buses to Matsue Station depart following all domestic flight arrivals. A one way trip takes 45 minutes and costs ¥990.
For international arrivals, you can wait for a shuttle bus scheduled in connection with a domestic arrival, or take a JR Train to Yonago station, and continue by train to Matsue or take a bus.
Trains operated by Japan Rail depart from Yonago Airport station approximately once every hour. To get to Matsue, travellers should transfer at Yonago station. A one way trip to Matsue costs ¥760 by regular train (90 min) and ¥1,830 by express (70 min).
*Early flight reservations (from 2 months up to 28 days prior to departure) for both JAL and ANA are generously discounted.
*Number of flights can change according to the time of the year.